Monday, May 2, 2016

' Or "

Hey guys. I've been seeing a lot of people lately confused about the usage of the symbol ' and the symbol ". I cannot tell you how many times I've seen someone state a quote using the impropper symbol, so this is just a quick, easy lesson.

'   That's an apostrophe. Use it ONLY to create a contraction, or show ownership

"   That's a quotation. Use this only to set off a line of dialogue, quote someone, to uses words that aren't actually words (Ex. "Death-like"), or in some cases, to show sarcasm

That's it. End of lesson. :)

3 comments:

  1. Web siteniz cok guzel her zaman acik kalsin admin

    ReplyDelete
  2. very informative post American state|on behalf of me} as i'm perpetually craving for new content that may facilitate me and my data grow higher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the precise weblog for anybody UN agency must search out out concerning this subject. You notice such a lot its nearly arduous to argue with you. You completely place a spanking new spin on a topic that is been written concerning for years. Nice stuff, merely nice!

    ReplyDelete